Your specialist will arrange your booking with the hospital and will let you know the date and time of your admission and how long you are expected to stay in hospital. You will also be provided with a booklet providing important pre-admission information.
You will be given an admission form to be filled out and returned to the Hospital at least 3 working days prior to surgery.
Please contact your insurance company to seek prior approval for your surgery and to clarify what is covered under your policy.
- Time for admission
- Nothing to eat for at least 6 hours prior to your procedure. You may drink plain water up to 3 hours prior to procedure
- Arrangements should be made with a friend or relative to drive you home after surgery. You must not driver yourself home or use public transport
- You should avoid alcohol, cigarettes and drugs (except those prescribed by your doctor) for at least 24 hours before and after your anaesthetic
- Should you develop any illness eg. cough, cold or skin infection please contact your doctor or Anglesea Hospital as it may be necessary to postpone your procedure
What you need to bring
- X-rays, scans or test results
- Current medication including herbal and natural remedies
- Doctor's letters and reports
- Insurance prior approval letter
- Glasses/hearing aid
- Comfortable loose clothing
- Do not bring any jewellery or valuables as we do not accept responsibility for their safe keeping